Published on Thursday, April 28th, 2016 at 1:45 pm.

Police await Specialist Assistants to help in Cowes Chemical Incident


Police have this  morning confirm that sadly the man at the address in Cowes  died after ingesting a form of chemical within the  property.   The family have been taken to  alternative accommodation and are being spoken to by specially trained officers.

A specialist rescue and recovery  operation  is being formulated with Police,Isle of Wight Fire and Rescue service and  the Technical rescue team from Hampshire fire and Rescue service.

The exact details of what led to the death of the unnamed male have been investigated and the circumstances are not being treated as suspicious.

St Mary’s Road in Cowes remains closed vehicle  due to the limited space and the amount of equipment and vehicle that Police want to bring into the road.

More to follow shortly


Latest article from UK News in Pictures: