Firefigther were called after members of the public reported smelling burning plastic in a large residential area of Northend in Portsmouth this evening.
Crews from Cosham and Southsea fire stations were tasked just after 9.30pm this evening (Thursday). Crews where called after members of the public reported a strong smell of burning plastic smell and a smoke alarm sounding from within the property a property on Balfour Road in Portsmouth.
Fire crews carried out a thorough search of the property and dealt with an unattended pan that had caught fire within the residential property.
No one is believed to have been hurt and there was an amount of damage to the kitchen area following the fire.