Published on Friday, June 10th, 2016 at 6:15 am.

Couple Lose House after Fire Breaks out in Conservatory in Camberley


A couple are  counting the  cost after a fire broke out in their  property in the  early hours of the morning.

Police closed the  road off at both ends   and many resident where awoken as  flames licked across the roof of the property.  Six  fire Appliances from Surrey and Hampshire fire have spent the night battling to stop the  spread of a well developed fire at a property in Park Road in Camberley. Fire Crews where called to the property after a fire broke out in the Conservatory  of the property  just after 1am this morning.


The property  contained a  couple in their fifties and  two dogs that were rescued  by  fire crews in breathing apparatus,   The fire  quickly developed and spread to the eves of the roof and gutted  the first floor and the roof . Forty Fire Fighters from across surrey where dispatched and a specialist aerial ladder platform was called upon, further support was requested from neighbouring Hampshire  who sent  two appliances from Rushmoor.

Due to the swift action of fire crews  they  managed to stop the blaze from spreading to an adjourning house that contained a  mum and three children. Speaking at the  scene the mum  of three said “she was relived  and  a bit in shock after walking up and heard load cracking noises and  smoke I would  smell the  smoke it made my  throat burn, I jumped out of bed in my  night-clothes and went and  grabbed my  children I was worried that we  weren’t  going  to make it out.  The fire engines turned up really  quickly  within minutes and they have  worked  really hard to   stop the fire  spreading  I just glad that no was badly  hurt.

Surrey  Fire & Rescue  sent two  engines to fight the blaze and  more  were requested as persons were unaccounted for.

The occupants, a 50-year-old man and partner, were checked by Paramedics and spent the remainder of Thursday night at a friend’s house after the property was declared to be uninhabitable following the fire. Crews have remained at the  over night  to investigate potential hot spots within the property. The rescued dogs are being  look after by neighbours.

Latest article from UK News in Pictures: