Published on Wednesday, June 8th, 2016 at 11:38 pm.

Family left homeless after Lighting Strikes House in Surrey

lighting stirke

The  shocking scene after fire crews battle to stop a fire from spreading after a house has been hit  by a bolt of lighting. It  blasted a huge hole in the roof of the house and set the loft on fire in sleepy surrey village of  Bletchingley. The young   family who were out at the   time escaped unhurt when lightning blasted a huge hole in the roof.

Firefighters from stations across Surrey  arrived to put out the blaze, on Barfields, off Castle Street, which started at about 4.30pm on Wednesday.
Pictures show an extensive hole in the roof of the detached property in a quiet cul-de-sac off Barfields

Neighbours saw a lightning bolt hit the roofline and acted quickly to alert the family in the neighbouring property  and inform the fire service .one shocked householder   said that at first thought it was an explosion. The  house next  door to me  rocked and my friend at the bottom of  heard the loud crack it was all very  scary. I am just glad  the family  where out.


Latest article from UK News in Pictures: