Forty fire fighter from fire stations from across Hampshire have been dealing with a large fire at GHS Recycling in Hilsea Portsmouth.
Crew rushed to the scene just after 8.30am this morning. Police have closed a number of surrounding road and have asked to people to avoid the area. There are not thought to be any casualties and the recycling centre was closed at the time.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service have deployed a number of appliances to tackle the blaze including an aerial ladder platform from Southsea and a water carrier to the incident Shawcross Industrial Estate in Ackworth Road.
Large plumes of black smoke could be seen as far as the Isle of Wight when the blaze first broke out.
If you live nearby Hampshire Fire and rescue are advising you close your windows and doors.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service are also urging people not to go to the scene as crowds have begun to gather.
A spokeswoman said the public should avoid the area “for their own safety” to limit the risk of breathing in smoke and fumes.