Three fire crews were sent to Iceland in Chineham near Basingstoke this morning after a deep freeze caught fire.
Staff at the store alerted the fire service after one of the chest freezers started smoking.
Staff evacuated customers to outside the store and raised the alarm just before lunchtime today.(Wednesday)
Retained fire crews from Tadley, Hartley Witney supported one whole time crew from Basingstoke to extinguish the small fire. No one is believe to have been hurt a small amount of damage has been caused to shelving in the store. Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, two hosereels and a jet to extinguish the flames. The incident is not being treated as suspicious and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.