Burglaries are currently occurring in the Alverstoke and Anglesey areas of Gosport.
Empty properties are being entered by force and property stolen.
It is believed that these homes have been looked at and selected prior to the burglaries taking place.
If a burglar is confident a home is empty, they will return later, so please keep an eye on empty properties in your area.
If you are going away and have a neighbour you can trust to visit your property and make it appear occupied, please consider this.
Please also report any suspicious activity immediately.
Crime Prevention Advice
• Check your insurance documents for any specific security requirements or upgrades.
• Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
• Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
• Lock all windows and doors, remembering to double lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key).
• Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through a letterbox).
• Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden. Lock them away in your shed.
• Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property, such as trimming high hedges.
• Consider fitting security lighting and a burglar alarm.
• Mark your property with your postcode and house number.
• Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied.
• Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
• Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
• Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
• Store any high value items, such as jewellery, money and passports, in a properly secured safe or bank vault.
• Consider fitting a video doorbell which can be linked to your smartphone. This technology is fitted with night vision, providing a clear view day and night. Motion activated sensors will send you an alert to notify you of visitors to your home.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Hampshire Police on 101