Firefighters have battled a severe fire at a bungalow in Camberley this morning and have stopped it spreading to three attached property after thick choking smoke filled the street in Kingston Road this morning.
Crews from Camberley fire station who are seconds from the bungalow committed themselves in breathing apparatus into the property as it was first thought the owner may have been trapped and was unaccounted for after two passing postal workers raised the alarm. The firefighters searched through through thick smoke to attack the flames and look for an persons.
Fire crews from Egham and an aerial ladder platform was also sent from Guildford to support the four man Camberley fire crew. Neighbouring Farnham station were unable to attend as they where committed on an other incident.
More than twenty firefighters tackled the blaze that engulfed the bungalow at the rear as flames melted double glazed windows.
It was understood the fire started in the bedroom area at the Kingston Road address and quickly spread to the roof.