Fire rips through Locks Heath Property after T-light Candle left unattended – UKNIP
SOUTHAMPTON

Fire rips through Locks Heath Property after T-light Candle left unattended

Fire Rips Through Locks Heath Property After T-light Candle Left Unattended
Fire Rips Through Locks Heath Property After T-light Candle Left Unattended

Firefighters have re-issued a warning about the dangers of tea light candles following a fire at a Locksheath  property this  morning. The family  escaped from the property unhurt but have lost their possessions.

Fire Crews from Fareham and Hightown were called just before 9am  to the house in Elder Close Locksheath this morning

[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G00000dxnLCKCdcI” g_name=”Fireball-Locks-Heath” width=”600″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ]

On arrival of the fire service crews found a large progressed fire in the front room of the home that had blown out the front windows of the property. Crews used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and to stop it from spreading to a neighbouring property. When they first entered the property Crews found the ground-floor room well alight with acrid smoke coming from the property.

The fire was caused by an unattended  tea light candle left burning on the top  of side of a  cabinet in the living room. The family who at the time where in the kitchen eating breakfast.
[tubentertain vid=”m3KZpuvy_l0″ autoplay=”0”]

Speaking this afternoon from outside their Locksheath property  Sudhir Roa  said” We have lived at the property for just over three year.  I left work leaving his wife and two children aged 3  and 21 months having  breakfast in the kitchen. My  wife first became aware of the fire as she saw the flames flickering around the door frame of the  living room.  She managed to escape with the two children. Fire crews  had to smash down the door to get in to fight the fire. It was all very scary.

The spokeswoman  for Hampshire Fire and Rescue service said that although the blaze was brought under  control quickly, it was quite severe.

“The living room was badly damaged and there was significant smoke damage to the remainder of the ground floor.
“Fortunately, the occupants had managed to get out before crews arrived and no-one was hurt in the incident.”
The fire service issued  a safety warning.

“People wouldn’t necessarily think these small, decorative candles, which sit in a metal tray the size of a 50p piece, could start such a fire,” said the fire service spokeswoman.
“This incident proves they can be very dangerous if left unattended.”