Fire crews tackle tumble dryer fire in Maidstone Property – Page 210782 – UKNIP
Kent LATEST NEWS Maidstone

Fire crews tackle tumble dryer fire in Maidstone Property

Fire Crews Tackle Tumble Dryer Fire In Maidstone Property
Fire Crews Tackle Tumble Dryer Fire In Maidstone Property

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a tumble dryer fire in a property in Calder Road, Maidstone.

 

Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to put the fire out.

A high pressure fan was used to clear the building of smoke. One person suffered the effects of smoke inhalation and was checked over by SECAmb paramedics.

Following this incident, firefighters are reminding residents to follow simple tumble dryer safety and maintenance tips to prevent a fire starting.

Colin King, Area Manager for Customer Safety and Engagement, said: We strongly encourage members of the public to remove tumble dryer lint after every use, and to register household appliances to ensure they are safe to use. It’s best to position tumble dryers, dishwashers and washing machines away from clutter, and not to leave them running overnight or while you’re out, in case they overheat or develop a fault. Finally, ensure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home, so that in the event of a fire you and your family have time to get out safely.