Six crews from St Mary’s, Hightown, Redbridge and Eastleigh attended a residential fire on the ninth floor of a tower block in Southampton. Crews were called to Duke Street in Southampton just before 1am in the early hours on Saturday morning. The fire broke out in a kitchen after cooking was left unattended. Firefighters used six sets of breathing apparatus, three jets and tactical ventilation to put out the fire. Fortunately nobody was injured in the incident. Police closed off part of Dukes Street and asked people to avoid the area whilst they dealt with a large-scale incident.