Home » It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally after a fireplace was lit downstairs and spread to a bedroom above.
BREAKING GILLINGHAM KENT

It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally after a fireplace was lit downstairs and spread to a bedroom above.

Kent Fire Rescue Exercise Malthouse
Kent Fire Rescue Exercise Malthouse

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a fire in a bedroom at a house in Springfield Road, Gillingham.

Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews wearing breathing apparatus used hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before using high pressured fans to clear the property of smoke. No casualties were reported.

It’s believed the fire was caused accidentally after a fireplace was lit downstairs and spread to a bedroom above.