Man Dies after being electrocuted on Football Pitch in Portsmouth

Hampshire Constabulary have released information in relation to the incident that took place at the Mountbatten Centre  in Portmsouth  earlier this evening.

Sadly the man has passed away after he was electrocuted.
The area remains cordoned off by Police whilst the area is made safe. A 35-year-old man received an electric shock and was knocked unconscious and he later died in hospitial.

A spokeswoman for SCA said that it was called to the centre at around 6.30pm this evening to reports of a man suffering an electric shock, the spokeswoman went on to say that the he man was taken to QA Hospital in Cosham.
Police officers where flagged down by a member of the public
and attended the scene. Workers from power company SSE are at the scene making the area safe.

 [SME_gallery ids=’R95kNHG,Lq5t6xM,zSKNHsM,9vzMvNJ,J968h9W,P4Zg7bM,Wn942JS,d4zSthv,D8LzLxT,cZNjX6J,ZQPFGKm,kXGsTLL’ size=’ThumbURL’ columns=’4′ caption=” link=” new=”]