Three men who carried out a brutal pre-meditated attack on a young man in Barking have been found guilty of his murder

three men who carried out a brutal pre meditated attack on a young man in barking have been found guilty of his murder

Three men who carried out a brutal pre-meditated attack on a young man in Barking have been found guilty of his murder.

Jonathan Mulangala, 22, of Stonebridge Road, Tottenham, Iki Mohammed Ali, 24 of Maud Gardens, Barking, and Syed Fahad, 23 , of Salisbury Avenue, Barking, were all found guilty at the Old Bailey on Thursday, 4 July of the murder of 23-year-old Abdulrahman Nassor Juma.

Mulangala was also found guilty of attempted murder of another male in a separate incident on April 7 2018.

All three will be sentenced at the same court on Monday, 22 July.

Police were called at 11.31pm on Thursday, 17 May 2018, to reports of a man stabbed in Crows Road close to Harts Lane, Barking.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found Abdulrahman – known as Mani to his friends – suffering from stab injuries.

He was given first aid by officers prior to the arrival of paramedics but he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem examination held on Friday, 18 May at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary gave cause of death as stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. He suffered 18 stab wounds. The pathologist said that the wounds indicated that more than one knife was used during the attack.

The court heard that Abdulrahman was standing alone outside a block of flats in Harts Lane – not far from where he lived – when a white BMW pulled up near him. Two men got out of the car and immediately attacked Abdulraham.

In a desperate bid to escape, Abdulraham kicked-off his flip flops and ran away bare foot. His attackers chased him down and continued to stab him.

While Abdulraham was being attacked, the two men in the BMW – the driver and a passenger – turned the car around 180 degrees so it was ready to make-off from the scene.

Within two minutes and 17 seconds of leaving the car, both knifemen got back into the BMW and it immediately sped away from the scene.

Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command launched an investigation, with mobile phone analysis as well as CCTV footage linking the three suspects to the scene of the murder.

Ali was arrested on 1 June 2018, while Fahad – who had fled the country after the attack – was arrested on 2 July.

Mulangala was arrested by officers on 25 July 2018.

Detective Inspector Rita Tierney from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, who led the investigation, said: “This was a deliberate, savage, targeted attack on a young man who was simply standing in the street minding his own business.

“It is thanks to the thorough and meticulous work of my officers, the prosecutor and barristers who have worked tirelessly since Mani’s murder that we have managed to prove Mulangala, Fahad and Ali planned and then executed, this vicious assault which ended in the savage murder of a young man. I would also like to thank the community who came forward with information.

“Mulangala is a violent and dangerous man who was also convicted of attempted murder on another man. They have all shown a total absence of remorse or compassion and will now spend a significant term behind bars.

“I don’t think we will ever know why Mani was attacked and brutally murdered that evening, although nothing could ever justify what was done to him.

“My thoughts are with Mani’s family and I pay tribute to their strength and dignity before and during the trial”.

Mr Nassor Mohammed, Mani’s father, said “I would like to thank the police so much for all their efforts in bringing these men to justice. We as a family are truly grateful.”

A 23-year-old man has also been charged with the murder of Abdulrahman Nassor Juma. His trial is yet to be scheduled.