Motorway traffic will need to join the M3 eastbound at J9, from the previous junction on the A34, then continue eastbound to J7
– Exit the M3, and at the roundabout take the fourth exit, to return southbound on the M3
– Remain in the nearside lanes, and leave the M3 westbound at J8
– Join the A303 westbound, and continue for approx. 6 miles, to the junction with the A34 (Bullington Cross)
– At the junction, initially turn right, passing under the A34 and A303
– At the next roundabout, take the first exit to rejoin the A34 northbound
Non-motorway traffic can travel via the A33 and A303.
A spokesman for Hampshire roads police said:
The A34 northbound is closed between Kingsworthy and Three Maids Hill this morning (Nov 19) to allow us to deal with a serious road traffic collision whereby a lorry was in a collision with a pedestrian.
The incident happened at 4.45am.
Officers from our Road Policing Unit would like to hear from anyone who was travelling along the A34 at this time this morning witnessed this incident. Please call 101 and quote reference number 79 of November 19 or Operation Permit.