BREAKING

Tumble dryer bursts into flames in Maidstone

tumble dryer bursts into flames in maidstone

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in an outbuilding on Hazel Avenue in Maidstone. Two fire engines were sent to the scene and crews arrived to a small fire in the building, which was attached to a domestic property. Firefighters used hose reel jets to tackle the blaze, which is believed to have started accidentally due to a fault with a tumble dryer. No casualties were reported. Following the fire, crews would like to remind the public of some vital home safety tips. We advise against leaving dishwashers, tumble dryers and washing machines running overnight or whilst you are out, in case they overheat or develop a fault. Remember to also remove tumble dryer fluff/lint after every load of dried clothes, and to register household appliances to ensure they are safe to use. Finally, ensure you have at least one working smoke alarm on each level of your home, so that in the event of a fire you and your family have time to get out safely.