BREAKING KENT

Fire crews scrambled after microwave fire in Hythe Flat

woman and dog rescued from flooded home near sevenoaks

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a flat fire in Military Road, Hythe. Two fire engines attended and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze, which is believed to have started accidentally in a microwave, before using a high pressured fan to clear the property of smoke. One person was given first aid at the scene for smoke inhalation. SECAmb also attended.