Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a caravan alight on Gate Hill in Faversham

Kent Fire Rescue Exercise Malthouse

Three fire engines were in attendance, and crews wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet and a hose reel jet to tackle the blaze. No casualties were reported and the fire, which affected two caravans, is believed to have started accidentally in the kitchen area of the property. Following the fire, crews are reminding the public to always take extra care in the kitchen. You should never leave cooking unattended, and remember to switch off your cooker if you have to leave the room.