Woman attacked with a Hammer yards from a Kids Birthday Party in Portsmouth

A road remains sealed off after a woman was attacked in a Portsmouth Street.

Hampshire Police have cordoned off a section of Shearer Road in Fratton after the teenager  was assaulted and rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries when she answered the front door of her home.

[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000IvTrxEIhPRc” g_name=”Murder-Portsmouth” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ] Cordon tape remains around the property at 99 Shearer Road after the vicious assault yards from a Child’s Birthday Party.

The 17-year-old girl was rushed to Southampton General Hospital after the attack took place just after 7pm this evening.

Air ambulance doctors travelled with the woman to Southampton General hospital.

One resident who did not wish to be named said that the road was crawling with Police within minutes. They said that the attacker had used a large ball-peen hammer.

The woman was attacked when she answered the door at the address this evening with her young son present.

Police have been in Shearer Road throughout the evening as they carry out their investigation of the assault with forensic officers in the house carrying out an examination.

A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance Service said they received a call just after 7pm this evening,about a woman who had been assaulted and had suffered life-threatening injuries. She added: ‘The woman had been assessed and treated at the scene and then taken in a land ambulance to Southampton General Hospital.’

The ambulance service sent out a rapid response vehicle, an ambulance crew and the air ambulance. The woman was taken to Southampton by road with the helicopter crew also travelling with her..