That the message after a firestarter caused an explosion at his family home when he lit a cigarette while producing drugs with butane gas.
Our firefighters responded to the blaze last April and found the 25-year-old at the scene under the influence of drugs and with extensive burns.
He told a Watch Manager at the scene that he had been producing drugs before adding “when I finished I was stupid, I didn’t think and I lit a cigarette and it went bang”.
We would hope this case acts as a warning to others who try to undertake this dangerous process because ultimately it is putting lives, including their own, at risk.
A huge well done to those firefighters who responded, their Watch Manager who identified Blakey and the fire investigators who helped put the case before the court.