Body removed from East Cowes Property following Horrific Incident after Six Year Old Dies

six year old rushed to hospital after incident in east cowes

A body has been removed from the property on Cromwell Avenue in East Cowes.
Hours earlier a Six year old Child was rushed under Police escort to St Mary’s Hospital in Newport after emergency services were called to Cromwell Avenue address in East Cowes she later died in hospital.

It is believed  that the body removed is that of the father of the child that was rushed to hospital after attempts to bring the child back to life in the property. She sadly died later in hospital.  The families two dogs have also been killed and found in the property

Sources close to the investigation have said that a horrific chain of events have taken place within the property. They have also said that the everyone of the emergency services involved have been offered Counselling given the circumstances and the nature of the incident.

The road has been a hive of Police activity all afternoon. Officers from the Hampshire Police Major crime have also been over seeing the investigation.

Police and Paramedics were called just after 10am this morning to a new build property. Officers have spent the afternoon carrying out door to door enquiries.

Police have issued a statement in an attempt to reassure the community that the incident is an isolated one and there is no wider threat to the community.
The spokesman said We were called to an address in Cromwell Avenue in East Cowes at 10.10am today (Wednesday, June 1).

On arrival officers found the body of a 44-year-old man.

A six-year-old girl was found unconscious and was taken to St Mary’s Hospital. She died a short time later.

The bodies of two dogs were also found within the address.

At this stage we are treating this as an isolated incident and we would like to reassure the community that there is no wider risk.

We will have a police presence at the address overnight. We would like to thank residents for their patience as we deal with this incident.

Formal identification procedures are ongoing and we will not be in a position to confirm the names of the deceased until these are complete.

Specialist officers are supporting the family.