Six Miles Of Congestion After Serious Road Collision On The M3

six miles of congestion after serious road collision on the m3

One lane remains closed on the M3 this morning after a Three vehicle collision on the M3 Northbound between junction 13 for Chandlers Ford and junction 12 for Eastleigh.
Motorists have reported congestion is reported to back junction 7 on the westbound carriageway of the M27. Three Vehicle are involved one is a flat bed recovery trunk.

Emergency services including police,fire and ambulance are currently dealing with a collision involving two vehicles just before junction 13.

[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000I.2fFDYzITI” g_name=”M3-Cford-Breakdown-Collision” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ]

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that “We were called just before 10am this morning to a two vehicle collision and they sent two appliances from Eastleigh to the incident. No one was freed by the service. The scene was made safe after a spillage of oil and crews came away from after 10.30am.”

Highways England have put out a hard road closure so the two effected lanes can be cleaned after a large spill of oil from the breakdown truck
A spokeswoman for South Central Ambulance said: “We were called at 9.48am to the M3 northbound at Chandler’s Ford to a road traffic collision.

“We sent out Hazardous Area Response team, two ambulance crews and two ambulance officers.

“The crash involved two cars and a van and we were treating six patients. Four patients were treated at the scene and didn’t need hospital treatment. A man was taken to on to the Royal South Hants hospital and then a female in her sixties who had sustained serious injuries as a result of the collision was taken to Southampton General Hospital.