A couple are counting the cost after a fire broke out in their property in the early hours of the morning.
Police closed the road off at both ends and many resident where awoken as flames licked across the roof of the property. Six fire Appliances from Surrey and Hampshire fire have spent the night battling to stop the spread of a well developed fire at a property in Park Road in Camberley. Fire Crews where called to the property after a fire broke out in the Conservatory of the property just after 1am this morning.
[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000zJXnuIx2Lcg” g_name=”Fire-Gutted-Camberley” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ]
The property contained a couple in their fifties and two dogs that were rescued by fire crews in breathing apparatus, The fire quickly developed and spread to the eves of the roof and gutted the first floor and the roof . Forty Fire Fighters from across surrey where dispatched and a specialist aerial ladder platform was called upon, further support was requested from neighbouring Hampshire who sent two appliances from Rushmoor.
Due to the swift action of fire crews they managed to stop the blaze from spreading to an adjourning house that contained a mum and three children. Speaking at the scene the mum of three said “she was relived and a bit in shock after walking up and heard load cracking noises and smoke I would smell the smoke it made my throat burn, I jumped out of bed in my night-clothes and went and grabbed my children I was worried that we weren’t going to make it out. The fire engines turned up really quickly within minutes and they have worked really hard to stop the fire spreading I just glad that no was badly hurt.
Surrey Fire & Rescue sent two engines to fight the blaze and more were requested as persons were unaccounted for.
The occupants, a 50-year-old man and partner, were checked by Paramedics and spent the remainder of Thursday night at a friend’s house after the property was declared to be uninhabitable following the fire. Crews have remained at the over night to investigate potential hot spots within the property. The rescued dogs are being look after by neighbours.