Family saved from house blaze by smoke alarms 

family saved from house blaze by smoke alarms

A Winchester family had a lucky escape when their property caughty fire in the early hours of Tuesday morning.  Fire cheif have this morning said without a doubt a working smoke alarm  and a good escape saved the family from serious injury and the property from being extensively damaged. Fire crews from Winchester attended the call just after 2am. Firefighters used two jet and one hose reels to extinguish the flames. Crews also used positive pressure ventilation fans to clear thick smoke from the property.