Man Stabbed after Clown attack Stabbing in Southsea is Stable

man stabbed after clown attack stabbing in southsea is stable

A man remains in a stable condition at the QA hospital in Portsmouth following the attack that took place just after 8pm on the Somers town estate. Police and scene of crime officer spent most of the evening examining the rear garden of Edgbaston House at Sedgley Close. The attack is beleived to have happened after the man hit out at a young 9 year old girl who was wearing a clown mask after she was returning home from a Halloween party.

[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000teqJ4hY_1Ow” g_name=”Clown-stabbing” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ] Officers stood guard at the scene and a large amount of clothing was taken away in a brown Police evidence bag.
A Edgbaston House resident who asked not be to named said “She lived on the thirteen floor on the Edgbaston House at Sedgley Close. I heard the woman screaming the little girls name after the man lashed out at the little girl. The mum ran off with her children and returned with two other men who then stabbed the man.” 

A rapid response paramedic rushed to the scene whilst Police threw up cordon tape in the garden area of the tower block. Other residents witnessed the man being worked on by medics in the garden area for well over an hour before he was rushed off to the Queen Alexandra hospital in Portsmouth. Police released the scene just after midnight on Thursday evening following the attack.

A Spokesman for South Central Ambulance Service confirmed they received an emergency call at 8.36pm last night to attend to an adult male with a knife wound. The man is said to be in a ‘stable’ condition at QA Hospital this morning.

Police have yet to confirm if they have made any arrests