Violent Hammer Attacker “Monster”: James Hemming jailed for 12 Year By Portsmouth Crown Court

violent hammer attacker monster james hemming jailed for 12 year by portsmouth crown court

James Hemming (29) of Cross St, Portsea has been sentenced to 12 years in prison today (Friday, December 2) at Portsmouth Crown Court for wounding with intent.

He was charged with attempted murder on May 1, following a serious assault with a hammer on a 17-year-old girl in an address in Shearer Road, Portsmouth, on April 11, just before 7pm.
[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000bbphIGBMlmI” g_name=”Hammer-Sentance” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ] He pleaded guilty to wounding with intent, which was accepted by CPS and supported by the police.

The senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Liz Williams, said: “Wounding with intent is a serious offence and today’s sentence highlights the severity of this particular crime, which left the victim hospitalised for a number of weeks.

“Thankfully this type of horrific, heinous crime is rare and the victim is starting to slowly rebuild her life.

“This was a particularly challenging, high level investigation, because the level of intensity continued for over two weeks; we had up to 80 officers involved in the most intense stages and over 1000 hours of CCTV was viewed from over 250 cameras.

“I am pleased that our hard work and persistence paid off and that we will see James Hemming imprisoned for many years. I hope today’s sentence goes some way to give the victim the closure she needs to put the terrible ordeal behind her and that she feels she has got justice.”

Portsmouth District Commander, Supt Will Schofield said: “This was an extremely violent attack against a 17-year-old girl, which shocked the local community. I hope the sentence handed down today reassures them that this type of crime will not be tolerated in Portsmouth.

“I would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their help in sharing our appeals and providing information to officers while the investigation was ongoing.”