Man suffers serious burns after house fire in Hampshire Village

man suffers serious burns after house fire in hampshire village

A man has suffered serious burns to this arms following a house fire that broke out on the High Street in Bursledon this morning (Monday 5th December 2016) just after 7am.
The alarm as raised by passing dog walker who spotted flames in the window of the property after being alerted by his pet dog. Fire crews had to smash open the front door to rescue the man who was trapped within the property

[photoshelter-gallery g_id=”G0000qT25oIhc8rM” g_name=”House-Fire” width=”800″ f_fullscreen=”t” bgtrans=”t” pho_credit=”iptc” twoup=”f” f_bbar=”t” f_bbarbig=”f” fsvis=”f” f_show_caption=”t” crop=”f” f_enable_embed_btn=”t” f_htmllinks=”t” f_l=”t” f_send_to_friend_btn=”f” f_show_slidenum=”t” f_topbar=”f” f_show_watermark=”t” img_title=”casc” linkdest=”c” trans=”xfade” target=”_self” tbs=”5000″ f_link=”t” f_smooth=”f” f_mtrx=”t” f_ap=”t” f_up=”f” height=”400″ btype=”old” bcolor=”#CCCCCC” ]

Five fire crews from Hightown,Botley and St Mary’s supported by an aerial ladder are dealing with the ongoing incident.  That is believed to have started in a workshop attached to the rear of the property. Shocked residents in the village have spoken of their upset one close to tears said the man has been the longest resident living in the village I’m gutted for him one of my friends is at his bedside they have had to put him to sleep and he is about to be taken Salisbury burns unit. I really hope he is going to be alright. He is a lovely man who would do anything for anyone. The resident who asked not to be named said that he believed the fire started at the back of the house and developed up to the roof which has been severely damaged.
Jared Colman was walking past and raised the alarm He said: “The dog started barking and I saw the flames so I asked my son to call for help and I went to knock at my neighbour’s front door to see if he was ok, but firefighters arrived and rescued him.”

The fire started at the back of the house and developed up to the roof which has been severely damaged.
Group Manager Tony Deacon from Hampshire Fire and Rescue service said that crews had to smash down the front door of the property to rescue a man who was trapped whilst other crews tackled a well-developed blaze at the rear of the property using the lance system. Crews pulled the man from the property who was treated at the scene by South Central ambulance service and then taken to Southampton general hospital Mr Deacon went on to say that fire had spread to the roof the property and crews where likely to remain on scene until at least 4pm today.