BREAKING PORTSMOUTH

Fire Rips through Portsmouth flat man taken to Hospital

A man was taken to QA Hospital after suffering smoke inhalation at a flat fire in Buckland just before midnight last night.

The fire destroyed the kitchen of a second-floor flat in Cherry Blossom Court on Sultan Road. Four fire appliances from Southsea and Cosham attended after the alarm was raised at 11.10pm.

A Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said, “One male was successfully rescued from the flats by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.

“He was treated on scene and then handed over to the ambulance service and taken to hospital for smoke inhalation.

“The fire caused 100 per cent damage to the kitchen and there was heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the property.”

The fire was successfully extinguished by 12.24am.