Police name Man Killed by drug dealer at Parson Green tube station

police name man killed by drug dealer at parson green tube station

Officers investigating the murder of a 20-year-old man in Fulham can now name him as Omid Saidy, aged 20.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has footage of the incident to come forward.

Police were called on Monday, 16 October at 19:37 hours following reports of three males stabbed in the area surrounding Parsons Green Tube Station.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and three men were found at various locations suffering from injuries.

Omid Saidy, 20, from Fulham was pronounced dead at Parsons Green Lane at 20:30 hours.

His next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place. A post-mortem examination is scheduled for Wednesday, 18 October.

The remaining injured males, aged 20 and 16 years, were taken by London Ambulance Service to a west London hospital.

The 20-year-old man remains in hospital. His injuries are deemed serious but not life threatening.

The 16-year-old male was discharged from hospital and was arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder. He was taken to a west London police station where he remains at this time.

Detectives believe that the deceased confronted a drug dealer and another male who was with him.

The victim has then chased the two suspects in the direction of Beconsfield Walk. During this pursuit he caught up with the suspects and was fatally stabbed.

A 20-year-old man [victim 2] who is a friend of the deceased came to his aid and was also stabbed. He had arrived at Beconsfield Walk on a moped. The moped was in collision with a parked vehicle. This incident is not a moped enabled crime.

One of the suspects, described as a black male dressed in dark clothing, fled down Harbled Road in the direction of Fulham Court.

The second suspect, a white male youth, ran into Beaconsfield Walk. A short time later a white male for an Ambulance to Munster Road to convey him to hospital for treatment to his own injuries.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh of the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command [HMCC]who is leading the investigation said: “At this early stage we are piecing together a picture of how the sequence of events leading to and immediately following the murder took place.
“It is imperative that we speak to anyone who was in the area of Parsons Green station between 7pm and 8pm who may have witnessed the murder or the actions of the suspects immediately following the incident.

“In addition, I am keen to identify the black male who fled Parsons Green Lane immediately following the murder and am appealing for footage that members of the public may have recorded as events in the area took place.

“A young man has tragically lost his life for simply asking a drug dealer to move on. I urge anyone who can assist our investigation to come forward without delay.”

Anyone who witnessed the incident or is possession of mobile phone footage should contact the HMCC on their incident room number of 0208 785 8099. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.