Firefighters rescued three children from a fire at a flat in Forest Hill which had no working smoke alarms.
Part of a second floor flat was damaged by fire. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued three children from the second floor. They were treated at the scene by London Ambulance Service and taken to hospital as a precaution. One adult left the property before the arrival of the Brigade.
Station Manager Clinton Walsh, who was at the scene, said: “There were no working smoke alarms in the property. Everyone should have multiple smoke alarms fitted in their property and have a heat alarm in the kitchen to give the earliest warning if there is a fire in your home.”
The Brigade was called at 1121 and the fire and the fire was under control at 1209. Four fire engines and 21 firefighters from Forest Hill, Lewisham, Beckenham, and West Norwood fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of this fire is believed to be accidental, due to a halogen heater igniting clothing on an airer.