A professional golfer has lost everything after lighting struck the roof of his property in Bembridge this evening. Chris Reed PGA Professional at Westridge Golf Centre Golf Club said at the scene this evening he has lost everything as a result of the blaze that has ripped through the half a million pound property on Egerton Road in Bembridge.
Fire crews were sent to tackle the large house fire in Bembridge.
Three Fire crews from Ryde, Sandown and Shanklin are on scene at the Property, where the roof has burst into flames. A total of 4 appliances, an aerial ladder platform and the Incident Command Unit are all on scene. A number of fire-fighters where also committed into the property to tackle the blaze that ripped through the roof and a number of rooms.
It is understood a lightning strike is to blame for starting the fire.
The road has been cordoned off as crews tackle the blaze and carry out their invesigations into the cause.
One Person who is understood to be a family member of Reed has been taken to hospital by the Isle of Wight Ambulance service as result of the incident.
It is further understood that the family may have lost a pet as result of the fire