Fire crews from across Portsmouth tackling six pump fire

Fire crews from Cosham, Southsea, Havant and Portchester have attended a fire that started in an electricity fuse box and then spread to the ground floor of the house in Northend in Portsmouth this evening. Crews still remain at scene dealing with the incident. It is unclear if anyone has been injured as a result of the blaze that took hold just before 6pm this evening (Sunday 22nd April 2018)

A Hampshire Fire Service spokesperson said: ‘We were called at 5.37pm to a property in North End Avenue and it was fire in a fuse box. ‘It took eight breathing apparatus, two jets and two hose reels to put out the fire that has now been out for some time however crews are still on the scene.’

More to follow