Workers carrying out welding at the Isle of Wight Council owned Dinosaur Island set off the Fire alarm system this morning causing visitors to be evacuated from the popular attraction.
Three fire appliances from Shanklin and Ryde where called after fears that a fire had broken out at the building on Culver Parade in Sandown.
Isle of Wight fire and rescue service also sent an aerial ladder platform from Ryde and the Command and Control unit based at Newport to the incident just after 11.15am on Wednesday.
Following a short investigation by the Fire service is was found that welding taking place on the exterior of the building triggered the alarm system with a smoke sensor.
The attractions has since reopened it is understood that two schools were visiting at the time and there tour has since resumed
An Isle of Wight Council Spokesperson said:
“Fumes from some welding being carried outside of the building managed to blow inside the building and set the fire alarms off.
“Dinosaur was evacuated for a time, but visitors and staff have now returned to the building.”