Bedroom Fire Extinguished by Kent Fire Crews

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus used a high-pressure hose reel jet to extinguish a fire the bedroom of a premises used as a residential home in Selsea Avenue, Herne Bay. One female occupant was treated for shock and the effects of breathing in smoke, but did not need hospital treatment. After tackling the blaze, firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and fumes from the property. The cause of the fire is not currently known, but will be investigated.