Fire crews deal with Rochester flat fire

fire crews deal with rochester flat fire

Firefighters were called to reports of a fire in the bedroom of a ground floor flat in Stirling Close, Rochester. A neighbour returning home spotted the fire and alerted the building’s occupants. Crews wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze using a high-pressure hose reel jet, before clearing smoke and fumes from the premises using a positive pressure ventilation fan. A thermal imaging camera was also used to ensure fire had not spread. There are no reports of any injuries and the cause is thought to be accidental. The British Red Cross attended to provide support to those effected by the fire.