Two Fire crews from Freshwater and a water carrier from Yarmouth have been mobilised to a wood store fire at home in the West Wight on Saturday morning after a fire ripped through the store at around 6.15am.
The wood store was located between a house and garage storage building. The fire had spread to the storage building when crews arrived on scene.
The attending crews worked hard to tackle the fire. Firefighters where committed into the blaze using high-pressure hose reels and main jets to extinguish the fire and to prevent it from spreading to the main house, garage and woodland around the buildings. Thermal imaging cameras were used to find hot spots under the outbuilding floor. Risks included a gas cylinder which had to be cooled and removed by the crews. Images and information published with kind permission of the house holder. The fire is believed to have started as a result of an overheating light in the wood store.