Operation Mansion was a pre-planned operation targeting drug dealers on the “Friary Park Estate”. It was a coordinated operation led by West Area Proactive team responding to complaints from local residents and community groups. On 21st August 2018 officers from West Area Proactive Unit,TSG and other West Area units executed four warrants within the estate. A large quantity of Class A drugs, cash, ammunition and three (3) firearms were recovered:
• A shortened side-by-side 12 Bore shotgun.
• Quantity of 12 Bore shotgun cartridges.
• A converted blank firing pistol.
• A “Glock” style pistol magazine with live 9mm cartridge
• Conventional “Glock 19” Pistol in 9mm calibre (loaded)
• (4) four 9mm cartridges with a least three live.
In total, five arrests were made. On the 24th August 2018, a 20 year old male has been charged with 4 firearms offences.
The remaining 4 have been released under investigation.