Basingstoke Crack House ordered to close by court

basingstoke crack house ordered to close by court

Basingstoke’s Neighbourhood Policing Team and the Anti-Social Behaviour Team have delivered a clear message that drug abuse and associated anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated in the town after successfully obtaining a Partial Closure order on a flat in South Ham.

The Partial Closure Order was granted by Basingstoke Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, March 6, and will remain in effect for three months.

The Order states that no one other than the named tenant, police officers or health professionals, can now enter or remain at this address.

It was served on the two bedroom flat in Paddock Road, following reports of County Lines drug dealing and other anti-social behaviour.

The court heard the tenant had been a victim of cuckooing (where people take over a vulnerable person’s home for their own personal gain) and has subsequently left the address.

Sergeant Carl Holmes of Basingstoke Neighbourhood Team said: “Anti-social behaviour was having a hugely detrimental effect on the local community.

“The court was satisfied that there was criminal behaviour and serious nuisance linked to the address and that the Order was necessary to prevent this.

“The purpose of these Orders is not only to help local residents affected by anti-social behaviour but also to offer support to those tenants whose addresses have been targeted, often due to their vulnerabilities.”

Hampshire Constabulary worked in conjunction with partners at housing association Sovereign Housing.

Rebecca Lemon, Anti-Social Behaviour Officer for Sovereign, said: “As a landlord, making someone homeless is a last resort. However, thanks to working closely with the police on this case, we’re convinced that in this circumstance, a partial closure order is definitely the best solution.

“We’ll continue to collaborate in tackling anti-social behaviour and hope that this positive result provides a good precedent for future partnership working.”

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood please don’t suffer in silence. Visit You can also call Hampshire Constabulary on 101 or dial 999 in an emergency and if a crime is in progress.