Faulty Jeep charger sparks garage blaze in Sandown

faulty jeep charger sparks garage blaze in sandown

Isle of Wight fire and rescue service crews from Shanklin and Ryde have tackled a blaze in Sandown this afternoon.

Crews were called just after 1.10pm on Tuesday to a garage block on Fort Mews it is understood that a faulty off-road jeep charger caught alight and spread to the garage.

Fire crews used Cobra to initially tackle the blaze and then two firefighters in breathing apparatus were then committed into the fire.

More to follow