Unattended cooking sparks East Cowes fire alert

unattended cooking sparks east cowes fire alert

Two Isle of Wight fire crews have dealt with an early morning incident at Captains Parade, East Cowes. 

Fire crews from East Cowes and Newport were mobilised just after 6am to a property after the resident left cooking unattended and fell back to sleep.

Forced entry was made into the property. A small pan on cooker had caught alight

Positive pressure ventilation was used to rid the building of smoke and the offending saucepan was removed.

The sleepy occupants of the flat have escaped injury.