Further arrest over Hackney murder

further arrest over hackney murder

Detectives investigating the murder of a man in Hackney have made a further arrest.

A 27-year-old man has been arrested and released under investigation as part of the murder enquiry of 47-year-old Steven Brown.

The man was arrested on Friday, 26 April at a north London police station and remains in custody.

This is the 11th arrest made by police in relation to this investigation.

Steven was murdered in Stoke Newington on Wednesday, 17 April and detectives continue to appeal for witnesses and information.

Police were called at 5.47pm to reports of a stabbing on Matthias Road.

Officers attended with the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance.

Steven was found suffering from a stab injury. Police administered CPR prior to the arrival of London Ambulance Service, but despite their efforts Steven died at the scene at 6.10pm.

A post-mortem examination held at Poplar Mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the heart and haemorrhage.

Steven’s next of kin are being supported by specialist officers.

Detectives can be called on the incident room number 020 8345 3865. Alternatively members of the public can call 101 quoting Operation Ringgold or leave information anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Ten people have been arrested prior to today’s arrest.

Four people arrested on Wednesday, 17 April in connection with the murder have been bailed or released under investigation. A 62-year-old man was bailed to return on a date in early May. A 33-year-old woman , a 57-year-old man and a 58-year-old man were all released under investigation.

Four men, aged 25, aged 25, aged 25 and aged 23, were arrested on suspicion of murder in central London on Saturday, 20 April. They have since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.

A 49-year-old man arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice on Saturday, 20 April has also been released under investigation.

A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday, 24 April. He was taken to a north London police station and subsequently released under investigation.