GOSPORT

Gosport Garage Gutted after Tumble Dryer Fire

gosport garage gutted after tumble dryer fire

A garage of a Gosport home has been gutted by fire after a tumble dryer caught alight this morning.

Firefighters from both  Gosport and Fareham were called to  the home in Glebe Drive, Gosport just after 7am.

Two fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to tackle the blaze that was well-developed when crews  arrived

Nobody was hurt in the early morning blaze but property within the  garage has been damaged by smoke and flames.
Fears have been raised thousands of tumble dryers in homes across the country are at risk of bursting into flames. The dryer that caught  fire  is thought to have been part of the  models being recalled  by manufacturers