Firefighters from Ryde were called to what they thought was a house fire but turned out to be a bonfire this evening
Two crews were dispatched to Lind Street, Ryde just after 9.20pm this evening.
No action was taken by the Isle of Wight Fire and rescue service.
A guest at the near by Travel Lodge alerted the Fire service thinking the house was on fire.
Plumes of smoke could be seen from Church Lane and West Street.
A second incident kept the Ryde crews busy after a home owner called them to a chimney fire on Ryde Esplanade. One crew attended and found the fire was out. Crews are at the scene using a thermal image camera to monitor the incident added the Spokesman.