Firefighters have issued a candle safety warning after a house fire on Cubitt Street in King’s Cross

UK News in Pictures

|

Home Breaking Firefighters have issued a candle safety warning after a house fire on Cubitt Street in King’s Cross

Firefighters have issued a candle safety warning after a house fire on Cubitt Street in King’s Cross

Firefighters have issued a candle safety warning after a house fire on Cubitt Street in King’s Cross last night. Half of the first floor of the building was damaged by fire. A woman left the building before the Brigade arrived and was treated on scene by London Ambulance Service crews after suffering from smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have been accidental and involved a candle. A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “It’s really important you never leave candles unattended and keep them away from anything that could catch fire such as curtains, furniture or clothes. “We recommend swapping traditional candles for LED flameless ones as they are much safer, but if you do use real candles, follow our simple safety tips.” The Brigade was called at 7.10pm and the fire was under control by 8.03pm. Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Soho, Euston and Islington fire stations attended the scene.   – Make sure you put out any candles, incense and oil burners when you leave the room and especially before bed. – These items should always be held firmly in heat-resistant holders and placed on a stable surface where they won’t be knocked over. – Keep them away from materials that might catch fire – that’s things like curtains, furniture, clothes and hair. – Be aware that tea lights get very hot and without proper holders can melt through plastic surfaces like a TV or bath. – To avoid accidents keep candles and other naked flames out of reach of children and pets

Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross
Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross
Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross
Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross
Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross

Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross

Firefighters Have Issued A Candle Safety Warning After A House Fire On Cubitt Street In King’s Cross

social media2

Never miss another Breaking story again

 

You can sign up to get the latest news, top stories and exclusives sent straight to your WhatsApp from the UKNIP team.

WhatsApp
Instagram
Snapchat

To get stories sent to you, you need to already have WhatsApp. All you need to do is click this link and select ‘join community’

No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the UKNIP team. you can read your privacy policy notice.

Click here to join our WhatsApp community.

Follow UKNIP 

Single Post Template

Most Read