UK News in Pictures

|

Home Breaking The fire is thought to have been caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials

The fire is thought to have been caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials

Yesterday, four fire engines and approximately 25 firefighters responded to a flat fire on Billington Road in New Cross Gate (28 March).

Fire damaged a two-room flat on the ground floor of a converted terraced house. Before the Brigade arrived, two people left the property. There were no reported injuries.

The fire is thought to have been caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials.

We’d rather you didn’t smoke at all, but if you do, it’s absolutely critical you ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it,” a London Fire Brigade spokesperson said.

“If you don’t, you risk starting a fire that will not only destroy your property but will also cost you your life.”

The Fire Department was called at 2.46pm, and the fire was out by 3.38pm. Firefighters from New Cross, Peckham, Greenwich, and Deptford were dispatched to the scene.

social media2

Never miss another Breaking story again

 

You can sign up to get the latest news, top stories and exclusives sent straight to your WhatsApp from the UKNIP team.

WhatsApp
Instagram
Snapchat

To get stories sent to you, you need to already have WhatsApp. All you need to do is click this link and select ‘join community’

No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the UKNIP team. you can read your privacy policy notice.

Click here to join our WhatsApp community.

Follow UKNIP 

Single Post Template

Most Read