UK News in Pictures

|

Home KENT Tumble dryer thought to have caused Sidcup blaze

Tumble dryer thought to have caused Sidcup blaze

Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a house on East Rochester Way in Sidcup. The family were alerted to a fire in their kitchen by their smoke alarm sounding. The two adults and three children did exactly the right thing and got out, stayed out and called 999. Most of the ground floor of the house was damaged by the fire and a single storey extension was completely destroyed. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire and rescued a cat and a dog from the property. Both pets appeared to have suffered no ill effects from the fire. London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Working smoke alarms alerted the family and allowed them to get out quickly without injured. Homes need multiple smoke alarms or you won’t be properly covered. Ideal spots for smoke alarms include rooms where you leave electrical equipment running like satellite boxes, computers or heaters; any room where you smoke, and anywhere you charge your mobile or laptop, except kitchens or bathrooms where heat alarms are more appropriate.” The Brigade was called at 10.43pm and the fire was under control by 12.18am. Fire crews from Plumstead, Bexley and Eltham fire stations attended the incident. The cause of the fire is believed to be a tumble dryer. It has been sent off for further testing.

social media2

Never miss another Breaking story again

 

You can sign up to get the latest news, top stories and exclusives sent straight to your WhatsApp from the UKNIP team.

WhatsApp
Instagram
Snapchat

To get stories sent to you, you need to already have WhatsApp. All you need to do is click this link and select ‘join community’

No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the UKNIP team. you can read your privacy policy notice.

Click here to join our WhatsApp community.

Follow UKNIP 

Single Post Template

Most Read