Current government restrictions mean the usual planned events are not taking place and local councils aren’t holding public events for bonfire night and firework displays.
If you’re thinking of having a firework display at home, remember government guidelines in your local area around household mixing.
If you are planning to use fireworks then please remember the below:
• Only buy fireworks from a legitimate retailer
• It is illegal to supply fireworks to persons under the age of 18
• It is an offence for under 18’s to have fireworks in a public place.
• Never throw or set off a firework in the street, onto a road or in a public place.
• On Bonfire Night it is illegal to set off fireworks after midnight
• Anyone caught causing a nuisance with fireworks will receive an instant fine and any fireworks found on a person under 18 will be confiscated
• Never use any kind of accelerant i.e. petrol to start a bonfire.
• Be considerate and always inform your neighbours if you are using fireworks
• Ensure your fireworks comply with British Standard 7114 or the European equivalents