A fire has broken out at the Casa Brasil restaurant in Port Solent currently six fire appliances from around the Hampshire area are at the scene after a fire broke out and spread to the roof of the popular eatery.
The fire broke out in a kitchen area where staff prepare and cook meat just after 10pm this evening. It’s believed that the fire then spread to the ventilation ducting.This is still under investigation.
Firefighters from Southsea, Cosham, Portchester , Fareham and Eastleigh were mobilised to tackle the fire in Broadwalk Port Solent.
Some customers using the complex have had to leave their vehicles on site over night . No one is believed to be hurt and all the staff from the eatery are accounted for. [tubentertain vid=”52o3fcQNtQA” autoplay=”0”]
Jim Clarke from Hampshire Fire and Rescue said that the damage to the property was contained to the ventilation ducts and part of the roof had also been damaged by fire. There is also water damage to the property. He went on to say Fire crews would remain on site for a few more hours whilst crews cut away at the roof area to remove any hot spots.