SOUTHAMPTON

Family Flee home after Deep freeze caught fire

family flee home after deep freeze caught fire

A family fled their home after their fridge freezer had caught fire.

The family  managed to escape their home on Silverdale Road , Southampton after they smelt the smoke from the downstairs kitchen.

The blaze tore through the kitchen at about 3pm this afternoon, gutting the kitchen and wrecking  other  appliances.

The devastated couple have now been left with a huge clean-up on their hands after the property was 50% damage by smoke and fire.

The fire appears to have been caused by an internal electrical fault in the fridge freezer.

Speaking from a neighbours property  they  said “It’s  turned our life around in the space of an hour, “We have smoke alarms which went off too, what has happened highlights the need for them.”

We have now  got to work  on getting the house back into shape  “The whole of the kitchen is of no purpose at all, not one appliance is salvageable, it has all got to be gutted out and replastered.

“The room is completely destroyed, the rest of the house has been affected by the smoke which has all got to be cleaned.

Eighteen  firefighters from Hampshire Fire and Rescue stationed St Mary’s and Hightown stations attended the  fire in  the terraced property this afternoon.  Crews used four breathing apparatus, two jets, one hose reel and positive pressure ventilation to tackle the fire.