Five Men Convicted of Murdering Tourist in New Cross After London Robbery Plot
Overview
Five men have been convicted of murdering 27-year-old Antonis Antoniadis, a Greek visitor who was followed across London and fatally stabbed during a targeted robbery in New Cross.
After a meticulous investigation, Metropolitan Police detectives traced the group’s movements through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage, piecing together a pre-meditated pursuit that began outside a nightclub near Oxford Circus and ended in a brutal killing eight miles away.
Antonis had been enjoying a night out with friends in central London on 6 July 2024. After leaving the club around 8.15am, they caught a taxi back to Florence Terrace, New Cross, unaware they were being stalked by the defendants in a stolen car.
As Antonis and his friends attempted to enter their address, four of the suspects — Sofian Alliche, Shian Johnson, Joshua McCorquodale, and Alfie Hipple — leapt from the vehicle, armed with large knives and wearing balaclavas.
They robbed Antonis of his bag before stabbing him in the chest and thigh, severing his femoral artery. Despite surviving the initial attack, Antonis succumbed to his injuries two weeks later in hospital on 21 July 2024.
The gang fled the scene, driving back across the Thames to northwest London, where they sold Antonis’ phone and concealed their stolen car under a tarpaulin.
The Convicted:

Amin Alliche, 18, of Bury Place WC1 (driver, 17 at the time of the murder)

Sofian Alliche, 20, of Bury Place WC1

- Shian Johnson, 26, of Argyle Walk WC1

-
- Joshua McCorquodale, 20, of Upper Park Road NW3

Alfie Hipple, 18, of Kentish Town Road NW5
All five were found guilty of murder and conspiracy to commit robbery after an eight-week trial at the Old Bailey.
They will be sentenced on Friday, 3 October 2025.
Detective Chief Inspector Kate Blackburn, Specialist Crime South, said:
“Antonis had been visiting from Greece with friends. Very tragically, he never made it home to his family.
This was a particularly challenging and complex case given the lack of CCTV at the scene and the movement of the vehicle throughout the night.
I would like to thank Antonis’ friends who bravely returned to the UK to give evidence, and all witnesses who came forward.”
Weapons Cache Recovered
Police searches at addresses linked to the defendants uncovered a chilling arsenal of weapons, including:
The Met said the conviction was the result of painstaking investigative work, tracking the defendants’ movements before, during, and after the murder.